Tuesday, July 21, 2009

P90X

J and I decided to try P90X about a month ago. We were watching tv and saw that it was being shown on QVC, and ten minutes later it was being shipped to our house. We were anxious to start it, but wanted to start on a Monday so that our rest day could be Sunday. He had a flight the first Monday and I left for cheerleading camp the next, so yesterday it was! (Actually J was on a TDY but is coming home today, and we didn't want to wait a whole week to start)

We also decided to follow the rec'd diet for at least the first week. After this week we'll probably just start eating healthier, because our grocery bill for one week was $160!

I woke up yesterday and ate a breakfast that was about twice as big as one I would normally eat-but it was delicious! Mushroom omelett with roma tomatoes and some mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and fresh strawberries. I was so full afterwards, and made a mental note to downsize the portions a little. I put on a bathing suit and took a few before pictures, changed into some workout clothes and headed into the living room.

I liked the workout..for the most part. I don't have a chin up bar, and I felt like I wasn't getting too much out of that part of the workout. I hate pushups, and that was a majority of the first day. I'm excited to get better at them though so that I can push myself further. I was very happy with the ab ripper though! I woke up in the middle of the night last night and turned over to check my phone (did I mention J was on a TDY? Its kind of funny how fast I fall back into my old habits!) and my abs were sore.

I'm looking forward to today's workout. One of my biggest annoyances with working out is when I'm not sore the next day. I felt like I wasted my time. Well, I didn't waste my time yesterday! My chest, shoulders, back, and abs are all feeling it today.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Good to hear you like it! Z's been trying to get me to buy that forever! Do you have to get any equipment?